Ok, so the diarrhea is back with a vengeance. Sorry but sometimes the unpleasantness of being a parent needs to be shared too. At 1 PM today the day care called to say Laine had several episodes of loose stools but she seemed to feel okay. So I said I'll be there when I get done today. So I picked her up and we went to the grocery store. When we got home she had had diarrhea in the car seat and it was everywhere! She was covered in her own poo and then so was I when I picked her up. So I had to put her in the kitchen while I unloaded the cold groceries from the car. Then I just stripped her down in the bathroom and held her under the faucet in the tub. After Keat got home I spent almost 20 minutes in the car trying to get the cover off the car seat only to discover the darn thing has to be hand washed. What? Hand washing diarrhea off a ugly couch like material. This was gross. Now it is line drying in the bathroom because of course it can't be put in the dryer. Let's hope it is dry by tomorrow morning or we could have a problem getting to school.
UPDATE: It was not dry this morning and I had to use a hair dryer on it before I spent another 10 minutes getting it back in the car.
3 comments:
I know the feeling, Kennedy did that to me in Birmingham. I have the same car seat and I washed it in the washing machine and nothing happened to it. Is she sick or could she be about to cut a tooth?
No teeth. I think it's related to the formula that she just starting to drink. She feels fine.
The tag said hand wash. I didn't know everyone just ignored that. I was afraid it would shrink and then we would have a serious problem.
Oh my gosh, I know I shouldn't but, I had to laugh.
All I can say is you have 2 really wonderful diaper changers on the way.
luv aunt kathy
Post a Comment