Monday I went to my conference and then met Keat at a Senate building. I thought I knew where I was going but the map was deceiving. I ended up taking a cab after being lost somewhere near the Capital. We ate lunch with Keat's friend, Goodloe, who then took us to Senator Shelby's office. An aide took us on a tour of the Senate and Capital. We got to ride on the special subway for senators.
Tuesday we went sightseeing all day. We started by going to Arlington Cemetary and visting my grandfather's stone at the columbarium. We then went to the Museum of Natural History and the Air & Space Museum. Then we rested before taking the Metro to Alexandria to eat dinner. We went on the recommendation of a friend. So we looked up the restaurant online and made reservations. Unfortunately a typo on the website led us to believe we could walk from the Metro to the marina. It was not 6 blocks but 16 blocks! Yes, we walked the entire way. My feet hurt so bad walking in heels. The hostess said it was 2 miles. We had a great meal and decided to cab it back to the metro.
Pictures from DC
1 comment:
My feet hurt from reading that! Ouch! I'm glad you had a good trip, hope you have good flight home. That is cool that your Grandfather is buried at Arlington, what an honor.
Post a Comment