Keat and I took our picture in front of the White House. On the way back we discovered that the show 24 was shooting an episode next to our hotel. We didn't see anybody famous, but then again I don't watch that show.
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Washington DC
Keat and I flew to DC this morning at 7 am. It was an early and long start to the day. The time change today and time zone difference were very confusing. After arriving in Baltimore, we rode a shuttle to the train station where we found out that the MARC train did not operate on the weekend so we took the AMTRAK to Union Station. From Union Station we took the Metro near our hotel and then walked (with rolling suitcases) about 3 blocks to the Hotel Washington. We finally got a room after a brief mix up that my reservation was cancelled. We went to lunch at Larry's Sports Grill. The hotel is right across from the White House on Pennsylvania Ave & 15th St. We would be able to see it but the Treasury Building is in between. We walked around near our hotel and to the Convention Center so I could check in. The APHA conference is incredibly big. I have never seen so many people at one conference. Tomorrow should be interesting. I heard there are over 15,000 people that will attend over the 4 day period.

Keat and I took our picture in front of the White House. On the way back we discovered that the show 24 was shooting an episode next to our hotel. We didn't see anybody famous, but then again I don't watch that show.
Keat and I took our picture in front of the White House. On the way back we discovered that the show 24 was shooting an episode next to our hotel. We didn't see anybody famous, but then again I don't watch that show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment