This morning I had to wake Laine up at 6:50 am to change her diaper and her clothes so that we could go to Children's Hospital to have her tests done. We got there at 7:15 am. Keat's mom met us there. Laine did really well. She started getting upset at 8 am because she was hungry. They took her back to do the upper GI shortly after 8 am. She was so hungry that she actually drank the kool aid flavored barium! There was some kind of mix up and she was left off the schedule for the sweat test so it is rescheduled for June. She was doing so well that she went to school this morning after the test. Later the doctor called to say she has stage 3 reflux. Crazy, this whole time she has had it and we didn't know it. Apparently reflux makes symptoms of asthma worse. I'm waiting on her pediatrician to call on Friday to decide what to do now. In the meantime, I think the inhaler is really helping. She isn't wheezing anymore.
In other news, Laine picked out her mat for the cot when she moves to the new class on June 1. The mat is green with wild animals on it. She has been practicing (for 5 seconds) with it on the living room floor. I'm glad I am not the one who has to enforce her to nap on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment