Thursday, July 17, 2008

Do you know my plumber?

Yesterday at 11:30 am, I got a call from Keat that Ed, the plumber, would be at our house in 10 minutes. Luckily my office is close to the house, so I rushed home. An hour later Ed showed up to fix the nondraining kitchen sink. The garbage disposal stopped working 2 months ago, we stopped using it but a few days ago the sink started having problems. 3 hours later and with check in hand, Ed had solved the problem. Now our sink is draining, we no longer have a garbage disposal and got new pipes under the sink. Clog removed, problem solved. I was finally able to wash the dishes that were piling up.

In other news, Laine learned how to walk in a straight line at school yesterday. Her teachers taped a line on the floor and taught them how to walk on it. They tried unsuccessfully to walk backwards as well. Lately, when I ask Laine how her day was at school based on what her daily sheet, all she tells me is "Jake, home." I think this means that her friend, Jake, goes home before she does everyday.

Here's a funny story about Laine's baby doll, Jake. Last weekend, Keat and I heard Laine talking in her room. When we went in to see what she was doing, we discovered that she had pulled her changing pad off the dresser, had the baby doll on the changing pad, pulled down it's pants and declared he had a stinky. I then had to pretend to change Jake's diaper and put the changing pad back on the dresser. Laine was still saying he had a stinky. I guess the fake poop really smelled.

No comments: