Monday, August 18, 2008
Dentist Visit
Laine went to the dentist this afternoon. Our old neighbor, Dr. Lauten Johnson, is a pediatric dentist and just opened his practice in Crestline. So off we went thinking it was going to be a routine dental visit. Well, Laine did great and had her teeth cleaned. It takes only 5 minutes when you just have 12 full and 4 half teeth. I was so proud of her. The big shocker was that I found out that she has a labial frenulum. It's a piece of skin attached to her upper lip that comes down on her gum and slightly between her 2 front teeth. She's almost 2 years old and I never noticed it until Lauten pulled her lip up. So either it will detach on it's own, probably due to a face plant or she will need to have it surgically repaired. I can't believe I never noticed it before. She never really opens her mouth and when I brush her teeth, she keeps her mouth closed. Crazy. It really freaked me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment