What does 50+ lbs of grandkids feel like? Just ask Nana as she was trying to hold Laine and Davis in this picture. Nana flew to Birmingham on Thursday night. Laine and I picked her up at the airport. Her flight was delayed and no answer why I gave Laine was sufficient for why we were continue to circle the terminal. She cried everytime we left the bag claim saying "We didn't get her! Where's Nana?" It was really cute but annoying at the same time. On Friday, we went to breakfast and took Davis to school. Nana and I took Laine shopping all day. She was such a trooper. No nap. We even stopped at a pumpkin patch (aka a church backyard) to pick out pumpkins. We made homemade pizza on Friday night. (side note- this has become our tradition to make pizza on Friday nights since Keat is at a football game)
On Saturday Nana and Laine made over 50 cupcakes and iced them all, topped with sprinkles. Nana made homemade cream cheese icing. Laine insisted they should have blue icing so we added food coloring. We watched football and then went to Gramma and Paw paw's house in the afternoon. Laine's cousins also came in town for her birthday. The girls had so much fun together. On Sunday we went to church and then ate lunch at Tracy's. Then Nana occupied the kids while Keat and I finished party preparations. On Monday Nana kept Davis at home while I was at work and Laine was at school. We took cupcakes (3rd day in a row) to her class to celebrate her birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment