Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh, bubbe, why didn't you tell us?



Davis had a bad cold for the past 5 days. I thought he was feeling better until yesterday when he refused to drink his bottles. The only thing he ate all day was Nana's spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Then today he didn't eat or drink anything either. So I took him to the doctor and he has a double ear infection. Poor guy. He hadn't really cried, so I feel so bad that just refused to eat or drink. Since we are driving to Texas for Christmas, we went straight for the big guns and started rocephin shots instead of a round of oral antibiotics (since the previous rounds messed up his reflux meds and sleeping patterns). The doctor also said we have to get him to drink something, anything or he will have to get IV fluids. Yikes. So he ate baby food for dinner, macaroni and cheese and finally drank some pedialyte. He had not had a wet diaper in over 36 hours. Then he and Laine ate popsicles before their baths. We also used numbing ear drops to help him drink his bottle. Finally he drank a bottle and is sleeping peacefully. Let's hope for an uneventful night.



UPDATE: Laine did not sleep at all. Coughed all night and kept us up. She stayed home from school on Thursday so I could let her rest and monitor her.

No comments: