Friday, August 13, 2010

3 week recap

It's been forever but I will recap as best as possible and maybe I can insert some pictures later. Things have been busy every since we came back from Atlanta. High school football practice and school started for Keat. He is at the high school now and loving it.
I finished up my summer class and I'm not teaching this Fall or for the foreseeable future. I was offered a new position in the same division at UAB. I'm pretty excited about the opportunity even though it's not a teaching position, purely research.

It's been 99+ degrees here lately. The heat zaps my energy. Laine and Davis love being outdoors so this has been difficult. We try to go out in the morning and stay inside until after dinner. I also continue to have computer problems which has delayed transferring pictures. Don't worry I'm still taking them so eventually I will send them out.

We all experienced some kind of stomach bug recently. Not fun. I think we got it from Homewood Pool. This somehow resulted in Davis experiencing both extremes (runs and clogs). So much so that I was called every day from school with updates on the problem for almost 2 weeks. I eventually took him to the doctor who told me I was already doing everything I could. We had to get a doctor's note to return to school.

Davis update... He's saying new words everyday. He even sang happy birthday this week (well, hummed the tune, unprompted, when Laine mentioned it was her friend's birthday). He finally stopped crying when I take him to school everyday. He walks from the car inside straight to his classroom like a big boy. His class went back to 2 naps, which I'm not thrilled about. He is apparently susceptible to peer pressure. When the rest of the class takes a morning nap, his teacher tries to keep him awake to play but he curls up and goes to sleep. Oh well, as long as he is taking some kind of nap each day for the next few weeks. He moves to a new class in September and will only take an afternoon nap on a cot.

Laine update...she picked out a new nap mat for school and a new rolling backpack. She plans to take the backpack with us on her trip in September. She's also planning her birthday party. The theme and location change daily. Stay tuned.

Extended family updates-
1. Aunt Kat had back surgery. We hope she's much better by the time we fly to Texas in 3 weeks. Laine has colored many pictures for her. I mailed a card but we will have to bring the collage with us to give her.
2. My cousin Kevin and his wife Mandy had a baby girl named Cassidy in late July. She's so precious. I wish I could just hold her. They even made the trip to San Diego for Aunt Debbie and Bob's wedding.
3. Mom, Dad, Granny and Papa flew to San Diego for Debbie and Bob's wedding. We wish we could have been there too.
4. Erik and Trish celebrated their 2nd wedding anniversary last weekend. It seems like just yesterday that we were in Montana.

No comments: