Thursday, June 19, 2008
The Date is Set!
I set the date for my research protocol defense for July 24 at 3 PM. I will be doing a practice run 2 weeks before to avoid anyone causing a stink at the actual defense. I am very excited and happy that I have made good progress after a very long 9 months to get here. Hopefully my dissertation committee will approve my protocol, then I will conduct my research study in the fall, then I hope to graduate in May 2009. It seems like a long way off but it will go by quickly. I never would have thought that I could have achieved this when I went to the University of Texas at Austin as a provisional student in the summer of 1997. Actually I just wanted to survive summer school so that I could go to UT. Then I just wanted to graduate in 4 years without ever taking a class for credit besides at UT. And now I find myself 11 years later still in school. At least I will get to put Dr. before my name. Just to let everyone know in advance, I will be requiring my friends to call me Dr. Litton for 12 years because that's how long it will have taken me to get that title. After 12 years, I will go back to Allison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Will keep you in my prayers, Soon to be Dr. Allison Litton!
I always knew you would make something out of your life. You have been blessed with a great husband, beautiful little girl and now to soon be called Dr.!
You definitely deserve to be called Dr. Niece!.
Post a Comment