Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of Class (last week)

In my crazy schedule this year I thought it would be a good idea to be a TA for the intro to MCH class. It would give me good experience and nice to put on my resume now that I will be searching for jobs later in the semester. Last Thursday was the first day and it went well. There are 25 students including 3 guys. There are usually never any guys in Maternal and Child Health. The part I didn't think about was that every student (all 25) will write 3 papers this semester and I have to grade them. This will be in the midst of writing my own dissertation, working part time and all the while still feeling exhausted from pregnancy. I guess the semester will go by quickly. We also have several trips planned this Fall that I am really excited about. The other thing that I have discovered is that the course master does not like to teach and I will be lecturing more times than she is. Oh well. I also hope to squeeze in some football games this season as well because I know it will be pretty hard to do next year with 2 kids.

No comments: