Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pulmonary Visit

Laine and I are both doctored out this week. I took her for a check up at the pulmonary clinic at Children's Hospital today. Less than an hour before I picked her up from school, Canterbury called to say the AC was broken and they would be moving them around the school and no naps would take place. I said it didn't matter to me because I was about to pick her up, but I felt sorry for the people that had to stay because I'm sure it got hot. Anyway, we arrived at Children's at 12:30 PM. Two hours, multiple trips to the potty and two episodes of diarrhea later we finally went back to the exam room. We reported to Dr. Troxler that Laine is a new kid now that she's on her Flovent inhaler twice a day. No more wheezing, so scary fevers, no pneumonia and no trips to the hospital. So she will continue on her inhaler. I did get some new stats for her, which was really exciting that I didn't have to wait til she turns 2. She weighs 29 lbs and is 32 3/4 inches long.

I told the nurse about our unpleasant experience of paying out of pocket for 2 months of Laine's Flovent prescription because she had already maxed out her prescription drug coverage for the year back in July. I actually know 2 of the social workers in the pulmonary clinic and one of them suggested that I try to order her prescription through Caremark. So I called tonight and it is going to save us a lot of money. I don't know why I didn't do this before.

No comments: