This is what I think Laine thinks when she is trying to communicate with us.
When we play peek a boo behind a clear shower curtain liner.
Laine- "Can't you see me? I'm right here looking at you, so why do you say, where's Laine?"
When you sing silly songs and make up words. She actually says "Stop Mommy."
Laine- "You don't know the words to any song, stop acting like you do."
When she holds her arms up and says "Hold her."
Laine- "I really mean hold me, now, and I will continue to follow you around until you pick me up."
When she dances to any music, especially the sound of the dishwasher.
Laine- "I can't stop this feeling, the music takes me over. Feel the rythmn, mom, come on."
When she declares in the car that she has finished her milk and is yelling, "Here mommy, milk."
Laine- "Take my cup now. I no longer want to hold it. I don't care if you are on the phone."
Flip side, when I pick her up at school and she immediately searches her bag for a cup of milk.
Laine- "I need milk now. They deprive me here of a constant milk supply. While I do enjoy drinking milk from a child size cup, it is not enough! I am thirsty. If I don't get any, I will cry the entire way home."
When she wakes up in the morning and yells "mommy."
Laine- "I do not want Daddy, I thought I made that clear. I want Mommy to get me out of bed. If he comes in here, although unlikely because he is probably still asleep and did not hear my cries for help, I will say no, Daddy. I will continue to yell for Mommy."
When she insists on wearing socks with crocs or sandals.
Laine- "What's the big deal. I like socks. Yes, there was a time when I did not like them but that was so long ago. I love socks and I don't care if they don't match my outfit."
When we continue to ask her if she is going to have a brother or sister.
Laine- "Heck of I know. I said baby, is that not right? Now, stop asking me. While I enjoy playing with dolls, I'm not so sure I'm going to like being a big sister. I mean, can I sit on it like I sit on my dolls and throw him/her across the room?"
No comments:
Post a Comment