So tomorrow should be an interesting day. I am lecturing at 8 am, then Keat is picking me up to take me to the airport. I am flying to Washington DC to meet my parents and my brother. My paternal grandmother's memorial service is on Friday. I'm a little nervous about flying on Sept 11, not because of terrorist attacks but that there will be long delays at security checkpoints. The good news is that my family gets to eat at one of my favorite restaurants tomorrow, The Old Ebbitt Grill, in downtown DC.
In the meantime, Keat will be holding down the fort with Laine. He gets to take her to a birthday party and the Greek Festival while I'm gone. She is staying with Gramma on Friday night while he's at the Fairfield football game. Luckily she is now sleeping through the night again and I had to wake her up this morning. She refused to get dressed this morning so she went to school in her pajamas (just top because the pants got wet as always).
Also, my grandparents are evacuating south Texas because of Hurricane Ike and going to stay at my parents house in Austin while they are in DC. The projected path is supposed to make landfall at Port Lavaca, Texas, which is really close to where they live. Austin is still supposed to have strong winds on Saturday, which could then delay my parents return home. A lot going on in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment