Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update to the update

Yesterday when I picked Laine up from school she felt really warm to me. So I took her temperature when we got home and she had a 102 fever. We gave her some tylenol but 30 minutes later I decided she was breathing hard and we needed to go to the doctor. So at 4:30 PM we all went off to Mayfair. Her oxygen level was at 90 so multiple nurses used the machine and finally it went up to 95 an hour later. The doctor thinks it's just a virus and she's already on amoxicillin for her ear infection so that should kill any bacteria. She told us to use her albuterol inhaler as well to give her some extra help. Needless to say, I am just a little nervous after our week long vacation at Children's Hospital last February. I guess this is pretty good that it's been 6 months since she's been sick. We plan to watch a lot of Alabama Public Television and Elmo today at home. Dr. Doyle gave Laine her first sucker, which was grape and she kept saying "yumm, grape." I had avoided giving suckers at the doctor's office but Dr. Doyle said it would help her listen to Laine's lungs if she sucked on the sucker so I gave in.

No comments: