Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What a way to start off the day!

So this story really begins yesterday when I went to student health to get help for my cold and suspected ear infection. They told me what I could take for my cold and gave me a prescription for amoxicillin for the ear infection. Yes, this is my 3rd ear infection this year. Seems strange to get an ear infection as an adult. Anyway, I started having signs of a cold on Saturday night and it has gotten progressively worse. No big deal, I can survive a cold but the ear infection hurt. I knew last Thursday during my class when the guest speaker and the person sitting behind me looked and sounded awful that I wasn't going to make it out of there without getting sick.

Last night around 6:30 I started really feeling bad and having contractions. They happened all night and finally at 4:30 AM I decided to call the after hours number. He said to go to Brookwood so I could be monitored. So we all went to Labor and Delivery even Laine's blankey. The nurse hooked me up and I was having contractions. She eventually gave me a shot to stop them. Later Dr. Barron came and said they were not strong enough to put me in labor and I could go home. Good news is that everyone is okay but the bad news is that she said I would probably have contractions like this throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, Allison - I am sorry to hear this! Keeping you and the baby in my prayers!