Here aree 6 of many things that I am thankful for this year.
1. My nuclear family- Keat, Laine, Putter and baby Davis. Laine has been entertaining all of us this week. Keat and I are lucky that we have flexible jobs that we can take of so much time to travel and spend with our families. It has been nice to spend quality time with each other this week as well.
2. My family in Texas and Virginia. Keat's family in Alabama and Georgia. We are very fortunate to have a large family that we get to see pretty often. We are very thankful for everything they have done and continue to do for us.
3. My friends who live all over the U.S, literally. Although most have moved back to Austin in the 12 years since we graduated from high school (or college), some still live elsewhere. I am pretty lucky and thankful that I get to see them pretty often as well. We also have a huge network of friends in Birmingham that have been so supportive of us as we started the journey of parenthood. I don't know if I could have survived without their constant support.
4. My faith. Keat and I are very involved in our church, Canterbury United Methodist. We started our lives together in this church and continue to grow our family with the support of our church family.
5. I am thankful that I live in a free country where everyone can express ideas without fear of being persecuted. I got a t shirt recently that reads "Well behaved women rarely make history." Well, thank goodness I live in a country where women can achieve anything they put their mind to.
6. My education. I guess this really translates to being thankful for my parents who paid for me to attend The University of Texas and encouraged me to continue my education beyond college. It has been a long road and often I wanted to give up but I am very thankful of the opportunities that I've had because of my education.
No comments:
Post a Comment