Saturday, November 29, 2008

The long road home

We truly enjoyed our trip to Austin over Thanksgiving this past week. We had such a good time visiting with family and friends. I will post more about our adventures later with pictures. The car ride back took 15 hours. It was brutal. It rained on us almost the entire way and at one point we were driving only 40 mph on the interstate. We had another problem in Tyler that luckily only was a 20 minute detour but it was frustrating. That darn Loop 323 confused us both times. We finally made it home at 10 PM and had to unload the car in the rain. Keat left for the Auburn game at 4:30 am today and I'm sure he is tired. Laine and I ran errands this morning and then she took a 4 hour nap! She has never done that, never, not even when she was an infant- it was only 3 hours then. I got to rest, watch taped shows and start on the Christmas decorations. After Laine's nap, she helped me decorate a little tree in our living room. Tomorrow we are going to put up the rest of the decorations with Keat's help.

No comments: