Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

A few of the highlights from this past week.

My aunt Debbie and her boyfriend, Bob, were in Austin the week before Thanksgiving and we got to visit with them on Saturday night and Sunday morning before they left. Unfortunately we didn't take any pictures with them because we were tired from our trip to Texas.

Keat, Laine and I ate lunch with Sarah, Kelly and Amy during the week. We also visited Jolyn at her stationary store. Keat and I ate dinner with our friends at Guero's on Wednesday night.
We visited Amy at her new house and got to see the horses and ponies. Laine loved the horsies. She has talked about them since and loves playing with the "my little ponies" that Aunt Amy gave her for her birthday. She is wearing her red boots that Amy gave her last year for Christmas.

Amy King gave us tickets to the Texas- A&M game on Thursday. We tailgated with Suzanne, Gary, Emily, Brad and Russell beforehand. I know I look like I streched kleenex but give me a break, I am 6 1/2 months pregnant. Thank you so much, Amy. Keat and I had a great time. I loved seeing the new additions to the stadium. I hadn't been to a game in 4 years.
We had a great time with my family. We look forward to seeing everyone again after Davis arrives.
I personally enjoyed all the food we ate during the week. I had my share of Tex Mex and Thanksgiving dinner. I do know how to make all the sides but I would not even attempt to bake a turkey. Luckily my mom, aunt and grandmother did all the cooking. I'm sure I will be helping cook Christmas dinner and next year at Thanksgiving but it was nice to relax this time. I was thinking today that I wish I could have brought back some of the leftovers including the specially made peach cobbler that Granny made me. Our cooler was too small to bring anything back.

Other fun highlights

Laine deciding to call Grandpa a new name- Papa. Apparently this makes perfect sense to her and she now calls both her grandfathers and great grandfather the same name- Papa.

Laine calling my brother's dog, Reese instead of Ruby.

My Aunt Debbie eating a piece of dog food that she thought was a piece of candy or nuts?

Laine throwing the "hook em horns" sign and saying "Go Horns" constantly. I have taught my daughter well and yes, brainwashing has already begun.

Watching Sarah and Brian's wedding video and viewing their wedding album. It was awesome. Pictures are probably my favorite part of weddings and the technology has gotten so much better since Keat and I got married.

Shopping 3 days in a row (not on purpose) at Target. Aunt Kat spoiled Laine with a shopping spree. She loved picking out clothes. She has become quite the shopper recently. Thank You Aunt Kathy.

Taking Laine to Stride Rite and finding out that she is growing out of her fat foot stage! Yeah! No more expensive wide shoes!

Laine being able to say everyone's names this year. Her vocabulary has exploded recently and now she can remember people she meets including her family from pictures when she sees them in person.

click here to view all the pictures

No comments: