Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Progress on the big girl bed


Keat and I drove to Sumiton today to pick up Laine's headboard and the bunkie board to put on the bed frame. The bed frame is only 9 inches off the ground, which is perfect for Laine. The mattress makes it another 7 or so inches taller, but she can crawl up on the bed from the end. She loves it. It's a bunk bed mattress so it doesn't need a box spring but we could always put another mattress on top of it when she gets older to make it higher. My mom is going to bring a extra set of sheets and a bed skirt when she visits in a few weeks. Right now I have the quilt from the crib on her bed but later this Spring I plan to buy this bedding from PotteryBarn Kids. I am using the existing crib bedding for Davis, just need to get some blue gingham sheets.

4 comments:

Sarah and Brant said...

I love that bedding! My mom tried to get the crib sheet and one of the owls for Blakeley today. So cute for the future Chi O's!

Suzanne said...

She's gotta get the owl pillows! Hoot hoot!

Amy said...

Go Chi Omega, Chi Chi Omega...

I LOVE IT! Whooooo's gonna have the cutest room in Alabama???

Little Miss Laine is, of course!

Allison said...

It does happen to be owls but I love the colors because it will go well with her existing room. By the way, she does say Hoot Hoot and plays with an owl in the bathtub. She also likes the owl bank that Amy Kay gave her.