Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting Ready


Since I'm not working right now, I've been getting ready for the baby (aka nesting). This past weekend I touched up some baseboards that had cracked paint and touched up the damaged wall in Laine's room where she jammed the glider into it. I washed the diaper bag, packed it and packed my bag for the hospital. I also was able to buy this "Rainforest" bouncer. My grandparents tried to buy the Aquarium bouncer for Davis from Babies R Us but couldn't so they sent me the money. When I went to purchase it in the store I found out that the Aquarium bouncer was discontinued so I was able to buy the Rainforest one. It is great and does the exact same things as the other one. I never had a bouncer for Laine because she used them at school. She loved the Aquarium bouncer and since Davis will be home with me for awhile, I decided I needed to get a bouncer (and needed more stations to rotate him). I have a baby Papasan seat that I can use too but it doesn't light up, play music or bounce. We've also started getting some clothes for him too. My mother in law bought several outfits at Gymboree on Monday. And my friend, Kelly Dorough, brought me a bassinet and 12 Feltman Bros type boy outfits.

Here is the last picture that I will probably post of the ongoing big girl bed transition. This is Joy and Penny, owls that Aunt Kat bought Laine from Potterybarn Kids. She went to great lengths to find them. Apparently not everything in the catalogs of Potterybarn are really available all the time. Laine keeps saying "two owls, Aunt Kat gave me presents."

I thought this picture was so funny. It has been so cold in Birmingham lately. (ie 17-25 degrees in the morning). The Tahoe says I need to check tire pressure when it gets this cold. Laine will wear her hat but not her gloves because she can't suck her fingers with them on. We were on our way to eat dinner at Gramma and Pawpaw's house with Aunt Sandra, Uncle Ken, Ashley and Kevin. We had a good time and Laine entertained them.

No comments: