Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Austin Trip

Davis and I had a wonderful visit to Austin last week. We loved seeing our family and friends. We missed Keat and Laine.

A few highlights...

We were visited by Granny, Papa, Aunt Kat, Joe, Uncle Erik, Aunt Trish and Aunt Amy. We stayed with Nana and Grandpa. Davis loved all the attention and did really well "on the go" in the Texas heat. He had a minor allergy explosion until the pediatrician called in some prescription eye drops and he's better now.




I celebrated my 30th birthday again with my girlfriends at Matt's El Rancho. It was so nice to laugh with my friends. I miss them dearly and it seems like no time has passed every time we get together. I also ate Tex Mex 4 other times while I was there.

Emily, Amy, Christiana and Jamille hosted a fantastic baby shower for two fabulous friends (Suzanne and Jolyn) and their 3 special babies on Saturday. I look forward to meeting Zane, Finley and Bean at Christmas and seeing lots of pictures once they arrive.

So, what were Laine and Keat doing in Birmingham while we were in Texas? One night she spent the night with Gramma and Pawpaw while Claire and Abbey were visiting. They also went swimming and to the McWane Science Musuem.

Laine looked so much older to me. She started using the conjunction, but, all the time to combine sentences that don't belong together. For example, she will say "We circled the airport for you, but I washed my hands." It is so funny.

1 comment:

GG said...

Allison I love the new color of the blog! Looks great! Mom