So yesterday Laine woke us up at 2:30 am and we realized she had a fever. I gave her medicine, she eventually went back to bed but at 6:30 am I realized her fever had gone up to 103. I called Mayfair and took her with us to Davis's 6 month check up. I thought she had an ear infection because she complained that her left ear was hurting. Well, no ear infection, not strep throat, probably just viral. The fever would subside throughout the day after I gave her Motrin but it never broke. While we ate dinner, she fell asleep on the couch. I took her temperature afterwards and the fever was up to 106.8. Yikes! I called the after hours number for direction, put her in a cold bath and gave more Motrin. A little while later we decided that we needed to take her to Children's Hospital. While we were in the waiting room, she vomited all over me. Quickly we were moved to the front of the line. (I guess that's the upside to being wet and smelling like vomit). Her fever was still 102.9 so they gave her tylenol. She had a chest x ray and checked her oxygen level. Both were fine so they think she just has a virus and sent us home. Apparently the flu kicked up her asthma, which has made her susceptible to any little bug and virus going around. She has had a persistent cough since the flu outbreak. We are now supposed to watch her closely because we don't want her to develop a secondary pneumonia. Please pray she gets better soon.
UPDATE: Laine is better. Mayfair called on Friday to say she tested positive for strep. She is now taking an antibiotic.
2 comments:
I am praying for sweet Laine, and you and Keat, too!
Oh my! Hope she is feeling better!
Post a Comment