Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from Laine and my adventure on Wednesday. First we all went to the health department to get our H1N1 vaccine. We were there at 7:55 am and got our shots first. Laine saw me do it and then ASKED to have her shot in the arm. She didn't even cry. Then we took Davis to school. Laine and I went shopping all day, ate mexican food for lunch, and then went to her pulmonologist appointment. I had to buy several gifts and I decided to take her with me. She was a trooper even though she kept saying she needed to take a rest on a bench. (I made her walk). She ate so much guacomole at lunch that she couldn't eat her meal so we took it home. She ate it on Thursday morning for breakfast. Keat said it was gross but he doesn't understand that good mexican can never go to waste and CAN, in fact, be a breakfast meal. Her check up at Children's Hospital went well and we go back in 6 months. The doctor was surprised that she didn't end up hospitalized in August when she had the flu, so that is a good sign that her medication is working well.
After her appointment, we had ice cream at Edgewood Creamery. This is her special reward after we go to the doctor at Children's. Then we picked up Keat and went to church. Then they dropped me off at my friend's house for bunko. I walked home at 10 pm. Needless to say, I was exhausted.
Today we are going to take pictures at the Botanical Gardens with our neighbor, Jan Farley. She has been asking to take their picture for months but I had to get past my dissertation defense. So this week has been beautiful weather and we made an appointment. It has been 45 degrees in the morning but today it should warm up to close to 70 by the afternoon. Maybe we can get some shots of Davis crawling. He is so close to taking off. Other news besides his 2 bottom teeth, he has also started saying other words (or at least sound like words). He currently says Dada, Mama and bubbe. I really thought he said hot dog this morning too. Of course Laine took this to mean he wanted to watch Disney playhouse even though I have tried to explain to her that he doesn't watch TV and has no clue. She also claims he dislikes Dora and wants to watch Diego. (Hmmmm).
We have a busy weekend planned. Hopefully I will get lots of pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment