Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Top 10 reasons why I'm so glad to be finished with school

Four years, 2 months and 2 weeks. That's how long it took me to complete my Doctorate in Public Health. I feel so happy and relieved that the hard work finally paid off. Even though I take pride that I never sacrificed my family to accomplish this goal, I'm very glad it's over and I'm ready to move on to the next stage in my career. Here are the top 10 reasons why I'm OVERJOYED to be finished, not necessarily in order.

10. I never have to feel guilty about watching TV ever again.

9. No more worrying. This is the biggest relief that the constant sense of worry is gone. It did take 3 days to go away though.

8. I never have to go to Student Health again!!!!! It was worse than a Doc in the Box.

7. I can spend time developing a hobby. I think I will try to improve my baking skills. I can cook well, but baking tends to be another story. I've had to outsource my entire life.

6. I can read for pleasure now.

5. I can spend the next 2 months relaxing and catching up on all the things I put off for a long time (like going to the dentist).

4. I can do whatever I want on the weekend.

3. Catch up with friends.

2. Spend quality time with my family without a time limit on it.

1. People call me Dr. Litton.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Congratulations Allison... or should I say Dr. Litton, that's an incredible accomplishment!!!