Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Be gentle to my mouth"

This is what Laine told her dentist, Dr. Lauten Johnson. She was very excited about going to the dentist for some reason. She changed her mind once we got into the room so I had to hold her down while he cleaned her teeth. Luckily it didn't take very long. Then she got a new Dora toothbrush, several tubes of toothpaste, and a bouncy ball. The good news is that her labial frenulum has migrated up so she doesn't need to have it clipped right now. I had worried about it for a year. She may need to have it clipped when she gets braces down the road.

Here she is displaying the advent wreath we made at Adventure last week at Canterbury. She has been very proud of it. Laine has been singing Christmas songs lately. She changed up the words (like me) just for fun. Here's a line- "Jingle bells, jingle bells, oh McFarm it is to ride in a horse sleigh. Oh, Jingle bells, jingle bells."

As far as Bubbe, I took him back to see Dr. Stacey yesterday because he still wasn't sleeping through the night. I was afraid it was his ears but they said nothing was medically wrong with him. So last night, Laine slept on a sleeping bag on the floor in our room. We told her that Davis may wake up and cry but we were not going to get him. Well, he slept through the night. Not sure what we did differently but we all finally got some much needed rest. Maybe it was the combination of ear infections, firetrucks blaring down our street in the middle of the night, new development- crawling, eating table food, and reducing his bottles. I'm not sure but I hope he continues to sleep well. He really loves feeding himself now. Getting it in his hair is proof he's throughly enjoying himself.

We look forward to Nana, Granpapa and Granny visiting this weekend.

No comments: