I almost forgot to write about the extracurriculars at school lately. Canterbury had Vacation Bible School while I was in California so I didn't get to see any of it. :( But I did get a recap everyday from Laine, well, somewhat. It's funny the things she told me about vacation bible school. She told me about the monkeys and her friend's mom as their teacher. She brought home a bright orange shirt and a CD that is in Keat's car. She insists on listening to "Blast Off" music in the car all the time now. The theme was Galactic Blast this year. I'm not exactly sure how it all tied together but she loved being able to do something different for half the day. She's been in Sunday School for the past 9 months so she's already familiar with the people in the Bible. I guess this was just a review.
Laine also had ballet camp last week. Super exciting because we already had the outfit and shoes. There was some miscommunication last Monday and she didn't put her outfit on before class. I have no idea why she didn't tell her teacher but the first thing she told me when I picked her up was that she didn't wear the outfit. It was so sad. I told her I could come on Friday to watch and she told me I could take her picture. Then I found out on Friday morning that the camp was only Monday-Thursday so I don't have any pictures. The worst part is that I don't know anything about ballet so I can't even ask her questions to have her show me what she did in class.
Summer is such a fun time at Canterbury. Neil, the popsicle man, starting coming to school last Monday. Even Davis's class gets popsicles. He is already a professional popsicle eater at 15 months old. Neil comes every Monday to Canterbury for the rest of the summer. I learned several years ago to make sure I dress my kids in dark shirts on Mondays during the summer because popsicles WILL stain white shirts.
Water play starts this Friday at Canterbury. This is a fun activity that all the kids enjoy but causes a lot of screaming in the car on the way home. Let me explain. Canterbury turns on their sprinkler system and lets the kids run through them in their bathing suits. Great fun for the kids, not so fun for parents to explain why we can't stop to play in a random person's yard when we are driving home. Especially driving through Mountain Brook, where a lot of big houses have sprinkler systems that shoot high into the air. Perfect for kids to see from their perch in a car seat.
Next month Laine will start gymnastics at school on Thursdays. She saw people set up the equipment last week after ballet and was already talking about it. She also informed her brother that he's too little to do it (like she thought he was considering it). Other activities offered but we will not be doing are karate and computers.
No comments:
Post a Comment