I was so nervous about Davis starting at his new school today but he did great. He sobbed when Keat took him but he quickly cheered up and had a great day. When we got home he told me, "I go to new class." I met one of his classmates, Paul, and his mom said it was his first day too.
Just to remember the things I was nervous about and the outcome.
1. He would not go to the bathroom.
He did but still had an accident and came home in a different outfit. At least he didn't refuse.
2. He would cry all day.
I called around 9:30 to check in. The director said he only cried for a few minutes and cheered up. His sheet said he was "cheerful, talkative, and inquisitive."
3. He wouldn't nap very well.
He is used to taking a 2 1/2 hr nap right after lunch. At the new school, they have craft time after lunch and then only nap for 1 hour. His sheet had this note "went to nap early, slept 2 hours."
4. He wouldn't eat his lunch.
He only ate a little but at least it was something. He's super picky but he didn't starve.
5. He wouldn't be able to drink out of a regular cup. (a class rule, no sippys)
He did and he requested to drink out of a big cup when we got home.
1 comment:
Way to go Davis! We are so proud of you!
Luv ya Aunt Kat & Uncle Joe
Post a Comment