Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday

We had a typical Sunday filled with church and sunday school. We went to Jason's Deli after church. Laine ate broccoli and cheese soup. She made a mess but managed to spoon about half of the cup into her mouth. Then we went to our neighbor's house for a playgroup after her nap. She loved playing with the other kid's toys. Julia has a big brother, Joseph, who has a trampoline. She had a lot of fun jumping on it with the other kids. She told me she had to use the potty twice while we were at the Dabney's house but no success either time she sat on the big toilet. I am going to use the rest of the diapers and then start using pull ups.

It is so cute how she can say other kid's names now. Yesterday when we were walking down the street, I said, "look Laine, there's Evie." She then said "Evie!" and Evie yelled back "Laine" across the street. Evie is 4 days older than Laine and about to be a big sister. Very exciting. I have 3 friends who are due in the next month. They are all going to be surprised about the baby's gender.

Update on school: I have been really busy writing my research proposal. I presented on Wednesday to the doctoral seminar and got some really good feedback. Thursday I met with a faculty member who I used to work with and he noticed a potentially huge methodological flaw in my design. What? Nooooo. So I sent my proposal back to my mentors for their feedback. I will present again this Thursday to my fellowship seminar to see if I can salvage my proposal. If not, then I will be back to square one. I was making huge progress so I am hoping that this proposal will work out. Now I just have to figure out how much it is going to cost to do my research study. I am trying not to let this stress me out but I admit that I am stressed. To make it worse, I am having pretty bad allergies. My neck and face are itching constantly. I tried to go to student health last week and I got turned away because it wasn't an emergency. Of course, it wasn't an emergency. I just need some Allegra. I am going to pray it gets better because I do not want to have to go back to the rude nurse at student health.

And I was about to fire the cleaning lady after Laine got home from the hospital but then she no showed twice on me in March. So she is fired, she just doesn't know it. And my house is dirty and I don't have time or energy to clean it. Maybe I should teach Laine to clean the tub instead of potty training her right now.

No comments: