Sunday, June 15, 2008

Busy, Busy

Sometimes I wonder where Laine gets her busy body self- well, the apple did not fall far from the tree. I have been so busy this past week that I haven't posted. Besides working constantly on my dissertation proposal, I was getting ready to host 2 parties at our house on Saturday. For those interested, my proposal is going well. I am in the process of meeting with all my committee members (5 total), discussing their concerns about the proposal, revising again and getting them all to sign the same piece of paper. Talk about pressure for one little piece of paper. I will have a serious problem if I lose that piece of paper.

Now for all the fun stuff. I hosted a baby shower with 3 friends for Helena Vakakes on Saturday afternoon from 2-4 pm. She's due August 2 with what I believe will be a girl named Anna Sophia. Other people think she will have a boy who will be named James Emanuel after his grandfather. We had about 35 women at the shower. Helena received a lot of wonderful gifts for the baby. I look forward to seeing her nursery and meeting the baby soon.

At 5 PM, I hosted a birthday party at our house for Keat's 30th birthday. His friend, Matthew, turns 30 on Monday and is getting married in 3 weeks so we had a lot to celebrate. We had about 25 people at the BBQ. Laine spent the night with her Gramma and Pawpaw. We picked her up this morning before church and then met Keat's parents and brother at the Village Tavern for a Father's Day lunch. Gramma shared her ice cream sundae with Laine (or more like gave in when Laine pulled it across the table). Then Keat, his dad and brother played golf this afternoon while I worked on my proposal and Laine napped. Then Laine went to play at Gramma's house while I ran some errands and finished working on my proposal. Gramma let Laine play in the backyard naked with the water hose and Dora water float.

No comments: