Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend

We had a busy weekend. We spent a lot of time with Keat's sister, Ashley and her daughters. Laine, Keat and I went over to his parent's house every afternoon so the girls could play with each other. On Thursday night, I went to the Sex and the City movie with some friends. It was so funny, I cried and laughed so hard.

Laine's former teacher, Kathryn, came over to babysit her on Friday night. Keat and I went to eat dinner at Brio and then went to an art gallery opening. My friends, Brooks and Greg Wingo, opened an art gallery. Brooks is crazy like me and we are both trying to get our PhDs in the next year. Her husband quit his job and opened a gallery in downtown Birmingham. That takes a lot of guts to do. Their gallery is in a great location downtown. It was a great opening night and they had about 250 people attend, including a homeless man who claimed he was an artist. I think he was just trying to get free wine. Dobbs Gallery

We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. It was so hot even at 9 AM. A little yorkie tried to bite Laine when she bent to pet him. I cleaned my porch on Saturday morning and my back has been killing me since then. We were supposed to have our porch repaired and painted today but that is not going to happen this week. I am hosting a baby shower for Helena this Saturday and a birthday party for Keat on Saturday night. I can't risk the porch being torn up during the party. Ashley and I went to see the Sex and the City movie. I didn't cry the second time I saw it but I still laughed hysterically.

On Sunday, we went to a neighborhood block party. Again, no breeze and it was really hot. We had a good time. Laine tried to walk the neighbor's puppy. The puppy didn't like her leash and wouldn't budge. Laine kept telling her "come on" and pulling the leash. It was so cute. I didn't take many pictures this weekend so I am waiting to get them from Keat's mom's camera. Here is a picture of Laine having her own tea party at Gramma's house.

No comments: