
Oh, the Putt Putt. Our wonderful first born is always in the picture but not literally. I thought I would share what's been going on in his life lately. In the past year and a half, he has gained back the weight he lost while I was pregnant plus 8 more lbs. He currently weighs 83 lbs. Not sure if it's just age that has caught up with him or it's that he isn't walked as often as we both would like. I've heard a saying, "If your dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise." Well, that is probably true. We are trying to walk him more now that Laine is more flexible in her evening routine and enjoy the summer weather. I should walk him every morning but I can't seem to get up any earlier than 6 am.
Putter has had some allergy problems this spring and early summer. His fur looks pretty funny on his hip and tail. Luckily it grows back. He's still getting allergy maintenance shots once a month and biweekly baths at Nall Daniels. The vet said so many dogs are having allergies this year. Not a surprise because I had bad allergies this spring for the first time since living in Alabama.
Even though Putter doesn't like his picture taken, we do occasionally catch him being very sweet to Laine.

Laine likes to tell him "come on" when we are trying to herd him to the den (behind the baby/pet gate). Probably the most exciting thing going on in his life right now is that we bred him last week with a lovely female Golden retriever named Brennie. He was very excited so hopefully we will have puppies at the end of August.
Laine loves Putter and he tolerates her just as long as she isn't trying to jump on him or pull his fur. I hope he will calm down as he gets older and let her love on him. So in honor of Laine's love of dogs, I have decided that her birthday party theme will be dogs. I found some plates with golden retrievers on them, which gave me the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment