Friday, February 6, 2009

Hives and Strep Throat


On Wednesday night Laine didn't want to eat dinner and said she wanted to go to bed. It seemed weird. She woke up several times that night whining. Thursday morning she said her mouth hurt so I took her to the doctor. One quick look by Dr. Gilbert and a rapid throat culture later confirmed she has Strep throat. Several kids in her class had it last week. So she is hanging out with me today. This morning after she read to the animals on her bed, she dressed them in party hats. She said it was the owl's birthday.

Completely unrelated to strep throat, she continues to break out in hives on her face if I don't give her Zyrtec everyday. Very weird. We have no clue as to what causes it. Doesn't seem to be related to food, so we think something outside.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Poor little thing! Hey, I had strep my freshman year in college and has a rash on my legs. I looked it up online and it said with severe cases of strep a rash can be one of the symptoms.

I hope she gets better soon. You keep yourself healthy too!

Allison said...

Unless she's had strep for months, it's unrelated. One time she broke out all over her body at the playground.