
I dropped Keat off at the airport on Friday morning and we all picked him up on Sunday at 4 PM. I survived the weekend with the help of his family and a recently purchased double stroller (thanks to Granny & Papa). Laine was on her best behavior when we were with her cousins and then acted pretty bad when she was with me. She's become a pretty unruly 2 year old lately. She had a note sent home from school on Thursday because she was so bad. I was mortified.
I took Davis and Laine to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and then to the zoo. We met Gramma, Andy, Ashley, Claire and Abbey there. The girls had a great time. Davis slept most of the trip. Laine was Claire's shadow the entire weekend. They kept leaving Abbey out, who then cried about it to us. I guess she will have to wait til Davis gets bigger to even things out. They are going to have so much fun when we all go to the beach at the end of June.

Claire wanted to hold Davis all the time. She said she was babysitting.

Here's all four of them dining al fresco at Gramma and Pawpaw's house on Saturday night.

I finally broke down on Sunday and told Laine that if she took a nap, I would get her a cheeseburger. She took a 2 hour nap (& also wet the bed but I didn't care) so I got her a McDonald's happy meal on the way to pick up Keat at the airport. She ate the whole thing riding in her car seat and didn't make a peep. Now I know why parents give in to McDonald's- it has magical effects on kids.
2 comments:
Glad you survived the weekend! No shame in McDonald's... a moms got to do what a moms got to do! :)
She doesn't understand what McDonald's is yet, just that she would get a cheeseburger. Actually she thinks that every drive thru has little kid cheeseburgers.
Post a Comment