I thought I would quickly post a few updates on our family that I would like to remember.
Laine is quite a handful lately. She is bossy and independent. She says she doesn't need help going to the potty anymore and tells me "get out of my bathroom." She's been potty trained for 2 months now. She doesn't wear a pull up at nap but still needs one at night. Occassionally she wakes up dry.
She has an ingrown toenail. Yikes. I took her to Dr. Gilbert on Monday after realizing that my home remedies were not working. The antibiotic and epsom salt soaks are helping. She told me "Dr. Silly fix my toe."
She can open the refrigerator door on her own now. This means that she can also climb in and grab things. It also means that sometimes food ends up spilled on the kitchen floor.
She moves up to her new class next week. Ms. Mildred is her new teacher. She is going to miss Ms. Tanja and Ms. Alicia even though they will be across the hall. She still says she misses Ms. Tara (her teacher from a year ago).
Davis is doing great. He loves his babysitter, Lauren. He's been smiling and "talking" a lot recently. Not sure if he will be the same chatterbox as Laine. He takes the reflux medicine 4 times a day and seems to be doing a 1000% better with his tummy. He's been sleeping almost 12 hours straight at night. Wonderful. Still not that great at napping during the day, but I don't really mind.
He HATES his carseat. Still screams and turns his face red everytime he's in it. Maybe he will like the next size car seat (let's hope). I decided that the car seat cover needed to be cleaned last night. I hand washed it in the bath tub and it smelled like a stink bomb went off. I guess I should have washed it sooner. I had previously just been wiping it down, apparently trapping in all the bad smells.
Putter may have a new girlfriend. A golden retriever named Sadie moved in next door. Remember the green ugly house next to us, well someone finally bought it and moved in over the weekend. Hopefully they can meet soon, maybe love will flourish. I think Putter still misses Ms. Pickles though (his first girlfriend). He currently has an ugly scab on the top of his head. It is finally healing. He started leaving it alone after spending several days with the cone around his neck.
Keat is really enjoying his new job at the Redfield Group. He is flying to Phoenix today for an auction. He is very lucky that he is able to work from home several days a week. He has also been able to play golf a few times recently.
Me. Well, I am back writing on my dissertation and making good progress. I had mastitis for the 3rd time this week. No fun. Luckily the antibiotic is starting to work. I also started teaching my class yesterday. I think it will be a really good experience this summer and will look good on my resume. It only meets once a week for the 9 week summer term.
2 comments:
Wow you all are busy! I am bad about changing the carseat covers and even their bed linens... I just washed Brady's sheets tonight (major spitup all over the darn thing) and felt like a horrible mom bc it took me so long to get around to it this time! So sorry you have mastitis, ick. I am weening Brady and in major pain so I feel for you.
Hey Allison! I didn't realize that Keat got a new job - I am glad to hear that he is enjoying it!
I loved the update! Sounds like you all have been busy!
Post a Comment